This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
St Andrew's Church RIPTON (ABBOTT'S), a parish in the hundred of HURSTINGSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 4 miles (N.) from Huntingdon, containing, with Wennington, 379 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £21.7.6. Mr. and Mrs. Rooper were patrons in 1806. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. There is a chapel of ease at Wennington, in this parish.