This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
ALCONBURY, a parish in the hundred of LEIGHTONSTONE, county Of HUNTINGDON, 4½ miles (N.W.) from Huntingdon, containing 783 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £8.6.1., endowed With £200 private benefaction, and £300 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Westminster. The church is dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul. A fair is held on Midsummer-day. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists.