This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
BLUNTISHAM, a parish in the hundred of HURSTINGSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 4½ miles (N.E. by E.) from St. Ives, containing 635 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £32.16.0½., and in the patronage of the Bishop of Ely. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a place of worship for Particular Baptists. The Dean and Chapter of Ely are in possession of a manor here, for which they hold courts. The navigable river Ouse forms the southern boundary of the parish for the distance of about three miles. The Rev. Mr. Saywell, in 1708, gave land, now producing about £50 per annum, for the support of a charity school. Lands are held in trust, by a body of feoffees, for the use of the poor, who have also the benefit of divers small benefactions, periodically distributed. A tremendous hurricane, in September 1741, in its sweeping ravages across the country, threw down sixty barns, and about twelve dwelling-houses in this parish, besides effecting considerable damage on other kinds of property.